Sunday, October 10, 2010

Issue #0 Re-Release: November 24th

UPDATE: The Issue #0 Special Edition release date has been moved to early January. I apologize for the delay but I am currently tied up with doing the GSD Christmas Issue!

To celebrate National Sandwich Day, November 3rd, this year, I will be re-releasing the first ever The GSD comic I ever did, The Great Sandwich Detective vs. The Egg Machine (a.k.a. Issue #0). The special edition will feature all kinds of new stuff. But first, let's take a sneak peek at the cover.



That will be the brand new cover which sets Issue #0 into the usual cover scheme of the series. The issue will also be reformatted from it's original magazine style layout to the modern day comic size that all the other GSD issues are in. It will also feature updated artwork. I didn't re-do the issue but when I originally put it out in a pencil grayscale style. I'm currently reinking the issue so the characters have actual outline. I'll also be reapplying the grayscale scheme but with ink and paint instead. Along with the story will be a new edition of The Sandwich Shop, a pinup gallery featuring art from amazing local artists, original concept art from when I first designed The GSD and more.

And if that's not enough, this issue will come with a "radio play" of the issue featuring my good friend Jacob Carlson as The Great Sandwich Detective and a cast of other great people as the rest of the characters in the issue. There will be a sleeve with a CD with the recording stuck to the inside cover for you to read along to. I will also upload the recording as an .mp3 for anyone to download. I'm really excited about it. If it turns out well, we may be doing other issues in the future.

Plus! Since I am fixing the art from the original pages, the odd format is forcing me to piece the panels together. So I will not have full intact pages as my original boards for this issue. So I'm going to take the random panels and hide them inside random copies of the comic. That's right, I'm giving away original parts of the comic for free! I know, I'm insane.

So there we go. I hope you all are as excited as I am about the special edition.

I'm lining up a special Halloween weekend signing for the release of Issue #4 with myself, Dave Scheidt and Dave Gruba. So stay tuned for details as I should have them soon. Unfortunately, I will no longer be attending Kokomo Con nor Detroit Fan Fare as originally planned. However, the 23rd I will be appearing at the "Norman Osborn For Illinois Governor" rally at G-Mart Comics with a bunch of other awesome artists. So my last con of 2010 will most likely be Austin Comic-Con. Again, I'll have more details on all of the events soon.

Issue #4 is at the printers, I'm finishing up the Issue #0 art and then onward to the Christmas issue!

- Dave!

No comments: