Thursday, December 2, 2010

Early Christmas Present



Hot off the Photoshoppes, here's the cover for The Great Sandwich Detective #5, my first Christmas special. This one is called "The Toasts Of Christmas Past" and features a take on A Christmas Carol with our hero considering retirement after failing to catch a toy thief. Of course ghosts come and talk to him. Of course. Another treat is that this is an extra long issue, clocking in at 32 pages of story & art. And possibly the best present of all? No raised prices! Save that money for other Christmas gifts. $3.99 for a 32 page book? I know, I'm just giving it away! And you think that's it? Nope.



Super limited sketch cover variant! BAM! That's right. Buy your GSD Christmas Special and have a better artist sketch on it! Merry X-mas!

There will also be another surprise popping up on the inside as well. Who knows?

In a couple weeks I have some holiday events going on. I will be part of Chicago Bears linebacker Lance Briggs' holiday toy drive on December 11th at The Comic Vault. Lance and a buncha great local artists will be there signing and sketching and taking your comic book donations that will go to children in need and soldiers overseas. It's an awesome cause. And Atomic Sketch has invited me back to be part of their December show on the 16th. Really looking forward to it as I had a lot of fun at the November show. Come out, have a drink and see some great art. Even my brother Danny will be there drawing his art of questionable content. Fun for everyone over 21.

I guess that's it for now. Busy, busy!

- Dave!

No comments: