Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Crazy Comic Weekend Is Upon Us All!

This weekend I will be all over the damn place getting my comic art on. (For starters, there's a midnight premiere for a little film called Watchmen tonight. Dunno if you've heard of it.)

For starters, I will have a table this weekend at the University Park Library Comic-Con! I am flying solo this time so I will presenting some of my own work as opposed to being a sex slave for Alex Ghost. I will have Issue #0 of The Great Sandwich Detective on sale. It's a labor of love I've been trying to do for a while and it's finally here and I'm really excited. To make it even better, my good friend Andy Vanderbilt is contributing a truly sweet ass cover. I will also have some original artwork on sale as well as some leftover limited run watercolor prints. And I will be doing sketches for all the good little children (and adults). So I hope to see you out there. Here's some info:

University Park Library Comic-Con
1100 Blackhawk Drive
University Park, IL
Saturday March 7th : 10am-5pm
Sunday March 8th: 1pm-5pm
(As far as I know, it's free to get in)

Also, I was just added as one of the guest artists for a fundraiser being held Saturday night by Art Baltazar (Tiny Titans, Patrick The Wolfboy). The fundraiser will help to pay medical bills for Art's cousin Ashley who suffered from a brain aneurysm and has been in a coma since September. So this will help out Art's family. This is a really great cause and I urge you all to participate. There will be a live band and also a live art show featuring a ridiculous cast of artists including Art himself, Patrick Browler, Rene Castellano, David Gruba, Matt Kapolczynski, Mike Norton, Edmund Nowiszewski, Walter Piper, Bob Renzas, Tim Seeley and Greg Titus. I am both extremely excited and humbly afraid to be a part of that lineup.

Benefit Concert/Live Art Show For Ashley Baltazar
Cornerstone Bar
8025 S Cass Ave (1/3 mile N of 1-55 on Cass Ave)
Darien, IL
7 PM-Midnight
$10 donation to get in plus all the artists will be drawing and painting for additional donations!

So come get your geek on with me this weekend! Peas.

And to please you all, here's some quick snapsnot previews of GSD #0!







No comments: