Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Great Sandwich Detective #2 Out Today (In Chicago)!



Today marked the Chicago release of the new issue of The Great Sandwich Detective, which concludes the "No Crying Over Spilled Milk" storyline that began in Issue #1. Copies are currently available at Brainstorm Comics, The Comic Vault, Chicago Comics and Challengers Comics. The suburban and out of state stores will be receiving them within the next two weeks (follow the Twitter feed to see what stores get them in stock). I'm very proud of the way this issue turned out. I'd like to thank my good friends Aaron Pittman and Leslie Gauthier for providing me amazing pinup sketches and of course a huge shout-out to Diego Abundis, whose story "The Great Potato Spy" appears in the back of this issue. And thanks to John Layman for his kind words about the series. I think it goes without saying that you should be reading his book Chew every month.

So the next issue will be coming out in August right around the time for Chicago Comic-Con. I'm still deciding whether I'm going to release it in the stores the Wednesday before or the Wednesday after the con. What will probably happen is I'll have copies for sale at Chicago Comic-Con and then the stores will have copies for sale the following Wednesday. I'll have those details ironed out shortly.

My next event will be an in-store event for the release of X-Men #1. Brainstorm is having an awesome party to celebrate. We're gonna have a bunch of awesome guests on hand to draw all over your blank cover variants and Brainstorm will also be having raffles and giveaways all day. You should check it out. I'll also have a new set of 4 watercolor X-Men prints for sale. Here's a preview of one of them:



I guess that's it for now. Thank you all for supporting me so much and special thanks to those that go out and pick up a copy of Issue #2!

Dave!

No comments: