Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Cherry Capital Con 2010 Recap

UPDATE: I may not have to push the release date of Issue #2 back. It should be shipping by June 25th which should give it enough time to get here. If anything, it might be a day or two late.

I had a fun time this past weekend at C3 2010. I saw some familiar faces and met some new great people and had an all around good time. The lack of copies of Issue #1 was a bit of a pain but oh well, things happen. Thanks to those that came by and bought prints, copies of How Stuff Happens #1 and sketch cards. Here are some random doodles and pictures from the weekend:







They take their sauces seriously in Michigan




The next con I will be appearing at will be Chicago Comic-Con in August. So I have some time to work on the next issue of Great Sandwich Detective. I'll be appearing at Monster Island Toys on August 14th with my good friends Frank Fosco, Nino Mesarina and Lil' Nino Mesarina. I'll provide more info when I get it.

Do to some delays, I'm gonna have to push the release of Great Sandwich Detective #1 back a week to July 7th. The printers won't have time to print and ship in time for the intended June 30th release date. Sorry about the delay but I'll for sure have it out July 7th and then Issue #3 out on August 18th. I will instead have How Stuff Happens #2 out on June 30th. I'm really proud of the way Issue #2 turned out. Included in the issue will also be a hilarious backup story from first-grader Diego Abundis and awesome pinups by my friends Aaron Pittman and Leslie Gauthier.

I should have every store stocked with copies of Issue #1 by next week. If you know a store that would be willing to carry it, please do contact me!

I guess that's it for now. Stay tuned for more convention, in-store signing and book announcements.

Dave!

No comments: