Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Instant Press Comics Open Studio This Saturday!

This Saturday, the gentlemen over at Instant Press Comics will be hosting an open studio (like an open house but for awesome comic book art). A bunch of artists, writers and creators will be hanging out, drawing, displaying artwork and eating finger sandwiches (NOTE TO INSTANT PRESS: there better be finger sandwiches there!) I'll be there and I believe Andy will as well. I don't know who else will be attending artist/writer-wise but knowing the fine clientele of Instant Press, it should be a great time! If you're interested in attending, check out this info below:


Instant Press Comics Open Studio
Date: Saturday May 23rd
Time: 6 PM - 10 PM
Location: Instant Press Comics studio
5128 N Elston Ave
Chicago, IL 60630

Please RSVP to David Gruba (grubbmaster@ameritech.net)


Due to some scheduling clearing up, I should be able to have a table in the artist's alley at the Collector's Convention at the Oak Lawn Pavilion on July 12th. I'm awaiting word from the guy running it. I will post it in my con schedule when I get more info.

Just a reminder, the benefit for Josh Medors begins Saturday. To check out all 120+ pieces of art up for auction, click here. There are some truly awesome pieces in there from commissions to sketches to paintings and original comic pages from tons of great artists!

That's all for now, folks!
Dave

No comments: